Conseil des Vins de Provence
Since January 1, 2004, the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence has been acting as a single focal point for all winemakers and buyers/sellers from the Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence and Coteaux Varois en Provence appellations. Its missions are many :
• Increase the importance of the wine industry in Provence
• Increase financial and material means
• Highlight the special qualities of each appellation and "terroir" denomination
MISSIONS AND ACTIONS IN FIVE DIFFERENT AREAS :
• Determining offer and demand using an array of tools for statistics and research.
• Regulating the market using specialized tools in compliance with EC regulations.
• Performing research and technical experimentation, in particular in cooperation with the Centre de Recherches et
d’Expérimentation sur le Vin Rosé (Rosé Wine Research and Experimentation Center).
• Monitoring downstream quality in order to control and improve wine quality when it is sold on the market.
• Ensuring communication and promotional activities for all three appellations in France and abroad;
support for companies via operational marketing activities.
A TRIPARTITE STRUCTURE FOR DECISION MAKING :
• A general assembly that groups together 26 Production representatives (each appellation represented proportionally) and 26 Commercial representatives.
It defines the policies and overall goals of the inter-professional council and votes on statutes, internal rules, inter-professional agreements and the inter-professional dues. It approves the accounts and votes on the CIVP budget.
It elects the CIVP Chairman and Board members.
• The appellation committees, with equal representation for production and commercial delegates, who are designated by the representative professional organizations of each appellation.
• The Board, comprised of 14 members equally split between Production and Commercial activities, with each appellation represented, is elected by the general assembly. The Chairman of the Board is elected for a three-year term, with the position alternating between Production and Commercial representatives. He performs or delegates responsibility for the missions and programs defined by the General Assembly as part of the approved budget. He ensures the day-to-day operational and administrative management of the CIVP.
Jean-Jacques BRÉBAN has been Chairman of the CIVP since July 2012, with his term ending in June 2015. He is from the Commercial college.