POTATO RÖSTI WITH SMOKED TROUT AND WASABI CREAM
**Recipe by WWW.LESPEPITESDENOISETTE.FR **
For the Röstis
• 1 onion
• 500g firm flesh potatoes
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 2 eggs
• Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
• 4 large smoked trout slices
For the wasabi cream
• 4 tablespoons heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
• 1/2 lime
• Sprigs of dill, to taste
- Prepare the röstis: finely chop the onion. In a pan with a dash of olive oil, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- In a bowl, combine onion, potatoes, beaten eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan on high heat. Pour a large spoon of the preparation and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the rösti is golden brown on both sides.
- Prepare the wasabi cream: in a bowl mix wasabi paste with 1 teaspoon heavy cream, until wasabi is dissolved. Add the rest of the cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the rösti topped with heavy cream and strips of smoked trout.
How to serve
You can add vegetables to the grated potatoes: carrots, panais….