Bluefin tuna and heirloom tomato tartare with parmesan shavings and truffle oil
- 300 g bluefin tuna, marinated in olive oil and fresh garden herbs
- 400 g heirloom tomatoes (such as oxheart, pineapple or green zebra), trimmed and seeded
- 2 pieces snipped shallot
- 50 g soft parmesan shavings
In sufficient quantities:
- Basil, fresh tarragon and hulled thyme leaves
- Table salt, pepper mill and madras curry
- Virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- ½ punnet lucerne sprouts
Dice the tuna into small, even cubes, as well as the tomatoes. Season the tuna with salt, pepper and curry. Add chopped tarragon, a little shallot and a dash of olive oil, finishing with a little lemon juice. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Mix the diced tomatoes with the shallot, salt, pepper, chopped basil and hulled dried thyme. Make sure the tomatoes have been fully dried.
How to serve
Arrange a layer of tuna tartare in round stainless steel moulds, then add a layer of tomato tartare. Repeat until the moulds are full.
Arrange on each plate, with some lucerne sprouts. Add grated summer truffles, parmesan shavings and the mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, chopped truffles and seasoning.