Recipe by WWW.LESPEPITESDENOISETTE.FR
• 250g arborio rice
• 1 shallot
• 1 glass of white wine
• 1 liter vegetable or fish broth
• 2 garlic cloves
• 40g Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon heavy cream
• 12 scallops
• Chopped parsley, to taste
• Slices of 1 lemon
• Fleur de sel and pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the shallot.
- In a pan, fry the shallot with a drizzle of olive oil, stirring frequently, until soft.
- Add the Arborio rice. Continue cooking, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, until rice has a pearly gloss.
- Deglaze with the white wine and simmer until evaporation.
- Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir after each addition until the liquid has evaporated.
- Your risotto is cooked when the rice is soft and creamy, still slightly crunchy.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cream. Stir, adjust the seasoning to taste and turn off the heat.
- Heat a knob of butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Pat scallops dry and add to the pan, they should sizzle. Cook 1 minute on each side.
- Turn off the heat, add chopped garlic, parsley, fleur de sel, pepper and stir.
- Serve risotto in bowls and top with sauteed scallops.
- Serve immediately, with a squeeze of lemon.
How to serve
Add lemon zests to enhance flavors. For an original touch, you can also add dried seaweed flakes, giving a tasty iodine smell to the dish.