Sea bass ceviche with exotic fruits and Madagascar vanilla by Chef Yoann Gauthier
Recipe by Chef Yoann Gauthier at the Prao Plage restaurant
- 300 g of fresh line-caught bass
- 1 mango
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 2 passion fruits
- 2 Madagascar vanilla pods
- 1 lime
- 1 scallion
- 200 ml of mango coulis
- 60 ml of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
• Wash the sea bass and cut the fillets. Then cut the fillets into small cubes and set them aside.
• Cut the mango and kiwi into small cubes.
• Cut the passion fruit in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and juice in a container.
• Split open the vanilla pod and scrape it with a knife to remove the seeds.
• Squeeze the lime.
• Mix the fish, chopped fruit, vanilla, and lime together in a bowl, pour in the olive oil, add salt and pepper, and set aside 1/4 of the preparation for the vinaigrette.
How to serve
• Use a cookie cutter to place your marinated sea bass cubes, press down with the back of a spoon and remove the cookie cutter
• Add the mango coulis to the preparation that you set aside in step 3. Mix them together and pour the vinaigrette around the sea bass ceviche.