Mediterranean fish, with stuffed courgette flower, tomato, olive, and basil from the garden by Chef Nicolas Pierantoni
Recipe by Chef Nicolas Pierantoni at l'Hostellerie de l'Abbaye de La Celle
• 800 gr of porgy
• 12 courgette flowers
• Olive oil
• Fresh basil
• 125 g of black olives in oil and basil from the garden
• 4 yellow courgettes
• 4 green courgettes
• 2 scallions
• 12 cherry tomatoes
• Prepare the fish and cut the fillets (this step can be done by your fishmonger).
• Prepare the stuffing for the courgette flowers:
• Remove the pistil and the green corolla from the flowers, set them aside for later.
• Finely chop the courgettes and scallions and slow-cook them in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
• Take the vegetable mixture and add some chopped basil.
• Stuff the flowers very delicately and gently turn the end to enclose the stuffing.
• Blanch and peel the tomatoes, then cut them in half and set them aside.
• Season the fish fillets on each side with a pinch of salt and a few twists of pepper. Heat some olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place the fillets skin-side down in the pan, add the stuffed courgette flowers, tomatoes, olives, basil, and leave to cook for a few minutes. When the fish is three-quarters cooked and the skin is crispy, turn it over and continue cooking for a few seconds.
How to serve
• Serve the fish skin side up with the tomatoes and olives and garnish each plate with three stuffed courgette flowers.