Smoked Salmon and Dill Cheesecake
• 1 loaf farmhouse bread • 40 g butter • 500 g cream cheese • 8 slices smoked salmon • 1 lemon • 1 shallot • 1 bunch dill • 4 cl olive oil • 20 g caviar (or fish roe) • 1 pinch Espelette pepper • 10 g pink peppercorn • Fine sea salt & pepper
- Cut the farmhouse bread into slices about 1 cm thick.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Remove the bread crust, use a brush to butter the bread, pan-fry it for a few minutes on each side in a pre-heated pan, and then set aside.
- Mince the shallot and chop the dill.
- Mix the cream cheese with the dill, shallot and zest from the lemon, then add the juice from the lemon.
- Place the slices of toast in rectangular pastry cutters.
- Add the cream cheese filling on top.
- Chill for at least 6 hours to give it time to set.
- After letting the cheesecake sit, remove it from the refrigerator and garnish evenly with the smoked salmon (cut into thin strips).
- Sprinkle lightly with caviar, a few sprigs of dill and the crushed pink peppercorn.
- Bon appétit!